Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve this with a salad and you have a great light lunch. Adapted from Aarti Sequiera, FoodNetwork.com. Leave the seeds in the pepper for a spicier dish.
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 serrano chili pepper, minced, seeded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat until foamy, about 1 minute.
- Add onion, serrano pepper, cilantro, turmeric and paprika.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat until oil is just shimmering.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Using small circular motions, spread the onions, pepper and cilantro around the pan.
- Cover and cook for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove lid.
- Top should be slightly runny but not liquid. If too runny, replace lid and cook 1 minute more.
- Slide onto a plate the same size as your pan.
- Holding plate from underneath, invert pan over plate.
- Flip omelet back into pan.
- Cook, uncovered, 1 minute more.