Serve this with a salad and you have a great light lunch. Adapted from Aarti Sequiera, FoodNetwork.com. Leave the seeds in the pepper for a spicier dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crack eggs into a bowl and beat until foamy, about 1 minute.
- 2Add onion, serrano pepper, cilantro, turmeric and paprika.
- 3Whisk until well combined.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat until oil is just shimmering.
- 6Pour in the egg mixture.
- 7Using small circular motions, spread the onions, pepper and cilantro around the pan.
- 8Cover and cook for 2 1/2 minutes.
- 9Remove lid.
- 10Top should be slightly runny but not liquid. If too runny, replace lid and cook 1 minute more.
- 11Slide onto a plate the same size as your pan.
- 12Holding plate from underneath, invert pan over plate.
- 13Flip omelet back into pan.
- 14Cook, uncovered, 1 minute more.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Omelet (Aarti Sequiera)
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 279.0 mg
- Sodium 111.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g