Recipe by *Nabiha*
This is a simple Indian style omelet and is a regular feature in our house. If you want less heat in your omelet, deseed the green chilli before chopping it. You can even use this in sandwiches or wraps along with some tomato ketchup.
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1.23 ml turmeric powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl till fluffy.
- In a medium size bowl, add the onion, green chilli, cilantro and salt. With your hands, squeeze the mixture together so that the onion's juices start flowing. (This helps flavor the omelet better, make sure you thoroughly wash your hands after this!)
- Add the turmeric powder and the beaten eggs. Mix to combine thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or skillet on medium heat.
- Add the omelet mixture and let cook for a few minutes till the underside gets slightly brown and crisp, flip omelet over and let cook for another 2 minutes or so.
- Serve warm with Indian chapati, tortilla or pita bread.