Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted by request. Times are pure guesswork.
Make and share this Indian Mince Cutlets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground lamb or 2 lbs ground goat meat or 2 lbs ground beef
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jeera powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons indian chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 5 large potatoes, mashed and salted (should not be watery)
- seasoned dry bread crumb
- ghee or oil (for frying)
- Place the ground meat in a pan and add to it the ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric and salt and mix well.
- Add ½ cup of water and cook until the meat is done.
- Let it cool and then place the ground meat in a blender/ grinder and make a fine paste of it.
- The paste should not be too liquid you should be able to make balls of the mixture.
- Add an egg while grinding.
- When done add salt to taste.
- Now make 1-inch round balls from the dough and keep aside.
- Also make 3" balls from the mashed potato mixture and keep aside.
- Now flatten each potato ball into a flat disc.
- Place a ground meatball in the centre and cover it with the mashed potato from the sides.
- Shape them into balls and slightly press them flat shaping them like thick flat circular discs.
- Beat the remaining eggs in a flat dish with salt according to taste.
- Dip each potato cutlet in the egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs (shake off the excess) and fry on a hot pan with ghee or oil till it is golden on both sides.
- Serve piping hot.
I reviewed these some time ago and for some reason the review never went through. These are fabulous mince cutlets. A bit different from the usual ones we make, but very good. I ended up needing quite a bit more potato, but other than that everything was perfect. They are absolutely delicious, and are even really nice looking! To suit our tastes, I did add a larger quantity of spices, but as stated they would be just as good :) Thank you very much for this recipe!!!