1/4 Photos of Indian Memorabletandoori Prawns
3 hrs 20 mins
This delicious recipe is picked out of the Foodcourt column by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend magazine. Hope you enjoy this wonderful dish to the fullest. Please note: Cook time is a guesstimate. If you try this recipe, let me know how long it took to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grams flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 3/4 cups plain fat-free yogurt, beaten
- 12 large prawns
- butter, for basting, as required
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to pour over prepared prawns
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchur)
- 1In a bowl, mix together the ginger and garlic paste with 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- 2Add salt, red chili, turmeric and garam masala powders, gramflour and yogurt. Mix well.
- 3Add prawns to this prepared mixture and toss to coat well in it.
- 4Keep aside to marinate for 2 hours.
- 5Skewer prawns and barbecue until done.
- 6Baste the prawns once with butter for a few minutes before they are done.
- 7Transfer to a serving dish.
- 8Sprinkle with 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice and mango powder.
- 9Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Memorabletandoori Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.5
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: