- 2 1⁄4 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3⁄4 cup milk, heated plus more if needed
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 hot green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- boil potatoes with water to cover. when they are tender (15-20 minutes), drain and mash them with the back of a fork. now add hot milk and butter and beat with whisk or fork, adding 1-2 more tb of milk if needed for desired consistency. add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- place in covered double boiler if not eating immediately.