1/3 Photos of Indian Masala Chai
There are many versions of this tea. This is a good one from Food & Wine magazine. This would also make lovely gifts. Just package up the dry ingredients and write out the directions!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mortar, crush the cloves, cardamom pods and cinnamon, or use a coffee grinder.
- 2Transfer the crushed spices to a small saucepan, add the water, ginger and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the milk and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil.
- 5Remove from the heat and add the tea.
- 6Cover and let steep for 3 minutes.
- 7Stir the chai, then strain it into a warmed teapot or directly into teacups.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Masala Chai
Serving Size: 1 (888 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 40.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: