Recipe by redbird_baker
For those of us who get Gov't food. Its is the easiest and simplest macaroni and cheese recipes.
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 32 ounces cheese (for those who dont get Gov't food a block of your favorite cheese will do)
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- first you want to take the block of cheese and cut about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of the cheese. For ease of melting cube into small pieces.
- Bring water to boil and add macaroni and follow direction according to packaging.
- When macaroni is done about 8-10 minutes drain.
- In the same pot heat the milk to a simmer and add the cubed cheese. Takes about 5 minutes to melt. Add the macaroni.
- If there are still small lumps of cheese that's fine. They should finish melting by the time to eat if not its a nice surprise.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes for sauce to thicken. Should be thick and creamy.