Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't know if this recipe is actually Indian. I did not write down a title when I copied it from the book. I serve this over fragrant rice. It is my favorite meal and as a child I would not eat Lima beans because they were pasty. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (more if you like it hot)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (I use a whole lemon)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- In 1 quart sauce pan sauté olive oil, onions and cinnamon until soft.
- Add salt, pepper, chili, water and lima beans. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, lemon and parsley.
Tasty, easy, healthy. Left out the oil and served over brown rice. I used frozen beans instead of canned. Thanks for posting.