Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great for a healthy vegetarian dinner or for a make ahead lunch on-the-go.
Make and share this Indian Lentil Spinach and Rice Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 9 ounces spinach, thawed and drained (or fresh)
- 2 cups steamed rice, prepared (or brown rice)
- 4 flour tortillas, burrito size, warmed
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, saute until they begin to brown. Add garlic, saute 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for rice and tortillas.
- Lower heat, simmer for 30-45 minutes or until lentils are tender. Add more water if necessary, but should be stew-like consistency.
- Divide lentil and spinach mixture between 4 warmed tortillas. Add 1/4 cup rice. Roll and serve. NOTE: Alternatively, you may use pitas or any other flatbread. You may also wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Microwave until heated through.