Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious with the exotic flavors of India.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless lamb, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice, warm
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas (I use spinach flavored)
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium heat, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutres or until the onion is translucent; transfer to a bowl.
- Clean skillet and return to stove.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil over high heat.
- Add the lamb and 1 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add the vegetable mixture, rice, yogurt, chutney, green onions, and peanuts; stir to combine.
- Spoon filling mixture onto tortillas and roll-up/wrap.
So happy to find a superb recipe for lamb that doesn't take 1 1/2-2 hours to cook! I didn't have green onions or yogurt ... here I'm changing my review ... even though hubby is not a tortilla guy I ran out of time and served them up as recommended. He loved them and so did the kids! I had a friend over when I made them (soooo little time) and she bought the ingredients on the way home and made them as well. (Now she's checking out 'zaar!) I'll definitely use this again and am looking forward to having it with the yogurt next time. Thanks for another winner NurseDi!
Yowser!! The flavors in the wrap filling were very exotic and delicious. Reminded me of a lamb gyro that I have had at a local restaurant. I made the filling the day before, heated it up, them made the wraps for a quick, easy meal. My doubtful husband even liked them. Thanks for this tasty pleasure.
This was a real treat, Nurse Di. I used part of a boneless leg of lamb. The mixture was so well seasoned that our taste buds did a little happy dance. The curry and cumin were awesome. The wraps were hearty and you could make the filling in advance if you needed to. Thanks for another outstanding recipe.