Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a copy of "Diabetes and You"--exchanges: 3 meats, 1 1/2 vegetables. 163 mg sodium, 11 g fat (3.6 saturated), 29 g protein, and 8 g carbs
- 1 lb lean lamb fillets
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Trim fat from lamb and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut spinach into 1/4 inch strips.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and saute onion until softened.
- Add lamb, tumeric, coriander, ginger and chili powder.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until meat is browned.
- Stir in spinach and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding water if pan is dry.