1/1 Photo of Indian Kolkata Egg Rolls
Mrs. Danger_horse's Note:
Anyone who's been to Kolkata and eaten one of these delicious egg rolls will understand how occasionally the desire to eat one RIGHT NOW is compulsive! Here's a quick and easy recipe adapted from elsewhere on the web. Fresh tasting and (reasonably) healthy! Use a soft pliable roti (Indian flat bread) for best results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs. Add a little milk or salt if desired. Have all salad ingredients thinly sliced and ready.
- 2Heat 1/4 of the oil in a flat large frypan.
- 3Pour 1/4 of the egg mix in and swirl it around to make an omlette the size of the roti. Before the egg sets, place a roti on top and press down gently.
- 4When egg is cooked, flip roti and cook for a couple of seconds.
- 5Remove from the frying pan and place on a board, egg side up.
- 6Arrange 1/4 of the sliced cucumber and onion and 1 sliced chilli (and chicken if using) in a line up the centre of the roti. Squeeze on a little tomato sauce.
- 7Roll up with the salad ingredients in the middle.
- 8Wrap with a piece of lunch paper/greaseproof paper to hold it all together,.
- 9Repeat for the rest of the egg, roti, and salad ingredients.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Kolkata Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 75.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: