1 hr 15 mins
Made this chicken over the weekend. I was actually making a curry, and I had some curry leaves leftover, so I decided to make a indian inspired roast chicken. Yet again, no particular recipe was followed, and I just threw some stuff together. The chicken came out really juicy, with a very interesting flavour. This is going to the "to be repeated" recipe book. :) More recipes on my blog
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs free-range chicken (skin gently loosened)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 12 curry leaves
- 1 head garlic, skinned and crushed
- 1 head garlic, skin left on, just cut the top off (leave it whole)
- 10 baby carrots
- 2 yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Marinade the chicken in the soya sauce, honey, black pepper.
- 2Try and pour some of the marinade under the skin.
- 3Place the crushed garlic (leave 3 cloves aside) and curry leaves under the chicken
- 4Mince one wedge of onion and the 3 cloves of garlic.
- 5Toss the mince onion and garlic with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- 6Place this mixture into the chicken.
- 7Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- 8Pre-heat the oven at 200C.
- 9Toss the remaining onions, garlic and baby carrots with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 10Place the marinated chicken on top of the garlic, carrots and onions.
- 11Cook the chicken for 1 hour, till golden brown and the juices run clear at the thigh joint.
- 12Serve the chicken with mash potatoes or rice. OR you can shred the chicken and serve it with a salad or in a melted cheese sandwich.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Inspired Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.5
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 255.3 mg
- Sodium 643.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 67.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: