Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this dish yet; however, the yogurt-spice combination sounds really delicious along with the raita. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- chicken, cut into 8 pieces (about 4 pounds chicken parts)
- 2 medium cucumbers (peeled, seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix 1 cup yogurt, 2 cloves garlic, salt through red pepper in a large re-sealable food storage bag to blend. Add chicken; marinate in refrigerator 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Cover baking sheet with foil. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat about 30 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Meanwhile, make Raita. Mix cucumbers, 1/3 cup yogurt, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Serve alongside chicken.
This was my sort of recipe-lots of flavour for very little effort. I skinned some chicken drumsticks then cut a few slashes in them to allow the yoghurt/spice mix to penetrate as I only had 5 hours marination time. I increased the red chilli powder to a teaspoon and the cumin to a teaspoon too as we do like things a bit spicier. The raita really went well with the drumsticks and made for a yummy dinner thanks Nancy.