Recipe by KittyKitty
You don't need an ice cream freezer to make this, Ice cream vendors in India, have always made this without ice cream freezers. This does have to be made a day ahead. This is really good, and simple to make.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 egg whites, whisked until peaks form
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 1⁄2 cups pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons candied cherries, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove labels from cans of evaporated milk and put the cans in pan with tight fitting lid. Fill the pan with water to reach three quarters up the cans.Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. When cool, remove and chill cans in fridge 24 hours.
- Open cans and empty milk into a large, chilled bowl. Whisk until it doubles in quantity, then fold in whisked egg whites and confectioners' sugar.
- Gently fold in remaining ingredients, seal the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in freezer 1 hour.
- Remove the ice cream from freezer,and mix well with a fork. Transfer to a freezer container and return to the freezer for a final setting. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving in scoops.