Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ume plum vinegar is made from pickled Japanese plums and is a lush pink brine with a deep, cherry aroma and a fruity sour flavor. It is highly valued in Asian cooking and healing. Serve this guacamole with grilled whole wheat pita wedges or steamed homemade corn tortillas.
- 3 -4 medium ripe avocados
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon ume plum vinegar
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mash to desired consistency.
This was really good, I used pickle juice. It was a nice change from regular guac.