Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is an at-home, easier version of a classic Tandoor shrimp. This one is cooked on the grill and marinated in sour cream instead of drained yogurt. From Food & Wine May 2008 edition. Note: I made this again tonight and it was raining, so instead of grilling I simply broiled them on high for 3 minutes, flipped them over and broiled them another 3 minutes to perfection. Don't forget the lime juice at the end, as it really brings together all of the flavors!!!!
- In a large, shallow dish, whisk the sour cream with the garlic, cumin seeds, garam masala, peppercorns, ground cumin, ginger and turmeric.
- Add the shrimp and coat thoroughly with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Light a grill,oil your grates and bring up to high heat.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread onto skewers; season with salt.
- Grill shrimp almost cooked through, 2 minutes per side. Brush the shrimp with the butter and grill until glazed and just cooked through.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Wow! Great flavor. The lime juice really does bring this all together. I am glad I found this excellent way to prepare shrimp.