Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Cook time does not include 2-3 hour marinating time. Courtesy: Central Market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs white fish fillets, firm, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 serrano chili, seeded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large fennel bulb, separated, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
- 1Rinse the fish and pat dry. Place the fish in a shallow glass dish.
- 2Combine the yogurt, serrano chile, ginger, cardamom, coriander, cumin, peppercorns, salt, turmeric, cinnamon and cloves in a blender container and process until smooth.
- 3Pour the yogurt sauce over the fish. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- 4Thread red pepper, fennel, green pepper and fish onto skewers, repeating the process twice on each skewer.
- 5Grill over medium-hot coals for 7 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning one-fourth turn every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- 6Garnish with cilantro and lime.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Grilled Fish Skewers in Fragrant Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.2 mg
- Sodium 480.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 35.8 g