Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Cook time does not include 2-3 hour marinating time. Courtesy: Central Market.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white fish fillets, firm, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 serrano chili, seeded
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large fennel bulb, separated, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Place the fish in a shallow glass dish.
- Combine the yogurt, serrano chile, ginger, cardamom, coriander, cumin, peppercorns, salt, turmeric, cinnamon and cloves in a blender container and process until smooth.
- Pour the yogurt sauce over the fish. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Thread red pepper, fennel, green pepper and fish onto skewers, repeating the process twice on each skewer.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for 7 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning one-fourth turn every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime.