Top Review by Goldcrest
I'm eating it as I write and it is one the best sandwiches I've ever tasted. I asked my mother to make the chutney especially for the sandwich. The only changes I made were to use fresh tofu, cut into small slices instead of the cheese, and as I didn't have any beetroot, I left it out, but I did add some green salad leaves. Thank you for a delicious and unusual snack.
- 4 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons green chutney
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices beetroots
- 4 slices cucumbers
- 2 slices onions
- 2 slices of boiled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chat masala
- 2 slices cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon butter, spreadable
Directions See How It's Made
- Apply butter on all the four slices, one surface each.
- Apply the chutney on two slices on top of the butter.
- Arrange the sliced vegetables.
- Put the ketchup on top.
- Sprinkle the chat masala.
- Close the sandwiches with the buttered sides of the other two slices down.
- ** I only apply butter if I want to keep the sandwiches for a little while so that they do not get soggy. Otherwise, as you can see, its a pretty healthy sandwich.