Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I thought about posting this recipe after Chef Kate reviewed my recipe of green chutney - Green Chutney ( Indian Mint - Cilantro Chutney )Green Chutney ( Indian Mint - Cilantro Chutney ). This is a sandwich sold on Indian streets and made in many hopes in India.
- Apply butter on all the four slices, one surface each.
- Apply the chutney on two slices on top of the butter.
- Arrange the sliced vegetables.
- Put the ketchup on top.
- Sprinkle the chat masala.
- Close the sandwiches with the buttered sides of the other two slices down.
- ** I only apply butter if I want to keep the sandwiches for a little while so that they do not get soggy. Otherwise, as you can see, its a pretty healthy sandwich.
I'm eating it as I write and it is one the best sandwiches I've ever tasted. I asked my mother to make the chutney especially for the sandwich. The only changes I made were to use fresh tofu, cut into small slices instead of the cheese, and as I didn't have any beetroot, I left it out, but I did add some green salad leaves. Thank you for a delicious and unusual snack.
This is a FABULOUS sandwich! A thick sandwich, but fabulous! I love green chutney sandwiches, but have always just had a chutney and butter sandwich or something lol... but this is like, the royal chutney sandwich! I will be making this often! I love the addition of the chat masala. The only change I made was to use good cheddar cheese and cut it into thin slices instead of using regular cheese slices... and used very little butter. Thanks!