Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like this when I am sick, the ginger help to settle my stomach. Time does not include time to cook rice.
- 8 cups water
- 8 teaspoons ground ginger
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 8 thin lime slices
- Put the water into a large pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the ground ginger. Cook over medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the honey, lime juice, pepper, and cooked rice. Stir well. Heat again.
- Serve hot, garnishing the bowls with the lime slices.