Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Trying to find a fry bread recipe that I would eat when growing up in the midwest
- 4 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix flour, baking powder & salt. Gradually stir in oil & water to make a soft dough. Stir until dough is smooth & shiny.
- Cover, set aside 30 minutes. Shape dough into 16 balls the size of an egg.
- Roll out on lightly floured board 1/2 inch thick. Heat oil 3 inches deep until hot.
- Fry dough one at a time, turning with a fork until puffy & golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
today i made this recipe,and just loved it.it want great with home made potato soup.it's a five star for me and my family.so i e-mailed it to my niece in quebec.thank you.