Recently we went to arizona and had this yummy treat so had to find the recipe as soon as we got home.. You can make them bigger which I will do next time, the circles go really quick.. :)
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the water and knead the dough until soft.
- Roll the dough until 1/4 inch thick, then cut out rounds 4 inches in diameter.
- Fry the bread in 2 to 3 inches of hot oil until puffed and browned on both sides.
- Serve with honey, or powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.