I use this as a side dish but it could be a main dish if you added chopped chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes and drain.
- 2Return to hot pot and let stand, covered.
- 3Heat 1 Tbs oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat.
- 4Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add ginger and cook about 30 seconds.
- 6Push onion and ginger to one side and add remaining 1 Tbs oil.
- 7Add almonds to oil and cook, stirring until golden, 1-2 minutes.
- 8Stir in rice, peach, cardamom, red pepper sauce, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 9Top with coriander sprigs if using.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Fried Rice with Peaches
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g