Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I get my veggies, whole grains, and it's delicious too! From Vegan's Daily Companion, courtesy of Cadry Nelson.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped (1/2 head)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger (or grated)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tbos. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 cup water
- cilantro, chopped (or parsley)
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Test the oil by adding one cumin seed. If it pops right away, the oil is ready. Add the cumin seeds to the oil. Once they start to sizzle or pop, add the carrots and cauliflower to the pan, and stir fry until the cauliflower starts to brown a bit and soften, about 7 minutes.
- Add the peas, bell pepper, and ginger and stir to combine. Continue cooking until all the veggies begin to soften but remain crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the cooked rice, lemon juice, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, and garam masala and toss to combine.
- Add the water, and cook for about 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Add salt to taste, and remove from heat.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve. Enjoy!