Something to serve with an Indian meal.
Make and share this Indian Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Cut all the vegetables into long pieces.
- Pour the ghee in the frying pan and add the garlic and cashews, stirring until slightly browned.
- Add the vegetables and fry until they are fully cooked.
- Add the spices, adjusting to your taste.
- Add rice, stirring well to coat with the spices, and fry until heated through and well mixed.
Absolutely wonderful, even with brown rice!
worked with what I had & followed as closely as poss. Both DH and DD enjoyed quite a bit! Want to try again following the recipe a bit closer next time.
I made this rice to go with Tandoori chicken. It was easy to prepare & very tasty. I used only 2 large garlic cloves, 1/2 a sweet onion, a handful of mushrooms & some chopped kale along with the spices & cashews. I always have all these spices on hand so it will be a "go to" recipe, good enough for company, easy enough for every day.