Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Something to serve with an Indian meal.
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 500 g mixed vegetables (you choose from green beans, peas, sweet peppers, mushrooms, or anything else you fancy in fried ric)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 teaspoons ghee
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- Cut all the vegetables into long pieces.
- Pour the ghee in the frying pan and add the garlic and cashews, stirring until slightly browned.
- Add the vegetables and fry until they are fully cooked.
- Add the spices, adjusting to your taste.
- Add rice, stirring well to coat with the spices, and fry until heated through and well mixed.
Absolutely wonderful, even with brown rice!
worked with what I had & followed as closely as poss. Both DH and DD enjoyed quite a bit! Want to try again following the recipe a bit closer next time.
I made this rice to go with Tandoori chicken. It was easy to prepare & very tasty. I used only 2 large garlic cloves, 1/2 a sweet onion, a handful of mushrooms & some chopped kale along with the spices & cashews. I always have all these spices on hand so it will be a "go to" recipe, good enough for company, easy enough for every day.