My family really enjoyed this recipe. I served it with accorn squash and a chef type salad. Another winner by "Wildman" Steve Brill
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup mustard oil, corn oil or 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vege-sal or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried wild ginger or 1/2 teaspoon regular ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili paste or 1/2 teaspoon ground dried hot pepper, like cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups brown basmati rice or 1 1/2 cups other brown rice
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 1/4 cup amaranth
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the yellow mustard seeds, cloves, salt, turmeric, ginger and coriander.
- 3Cook, stirring often until the mustard seeds begin to pop, around 2 minutes.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients except the boiling water and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a saucepan containing the boiling water, allowing the pot to return to a boil.
- 6Reduce to low, cover and simmer until all the water is absorbed, around 30 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: