1/1 Photo of Indian Flat Bread - Chapati
Ayurveda For Life's Note:
Chapati is a great bread to accompany a delicious curry or to have for breakfast with some chutney, pickles and sour cream. To make it even more nutritious and healthy you can add sesame and other seeds to the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour with room temperature water and stir to combine.
- 2Knead for about 5 minutes. The dough should be slightly sticky.
- 3Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- 4Divide into small balls about half the size of a golf ball and dip into extra flour.
- 5Roll with a rolling pin into thin ½ cm round pancakes.
- 6Heat a heavy cast iron pan.
- 7Put the chapati onto the pan and cook for about 30 seconds than turn over and cook on the other side. When it starts to get golden on the bottom side turn it over again and cook for another minute. A sign of well done chapati is if it puffs up.
- 8Remove from the heat and spread ½ tsp ghee on the top side of the chapati.
- 9Wrap in a clean tea towel until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Flat Bread - Chapati
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.9 g