Recipe by Ayurveda For Life
Chapati is a great bread to accompany a delicious curry or to have for breakfast with some chutney, pickles and sour cream. To make it even more nutritious and healthy you can add sesame and other seeds to the dough.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour with room temperature water and stir to combine.
- Knead for about 5 minutes. The dough should be slightly sticky.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide into small balls about half the size of a golf ball and dip into extra flour.
- Roll with a rolling pin into thin ½ cm round pancakes.
- Heat a heavy cast iron pan.
- Put the chapati onto the pan and cook for about 30 seconds than turn over and cook on the other side. When it starts to get golden on the bottom side turn it over again and cook for another minute. A sign of well done chapati is if it puffs up.
- Remove from the heat and spread ½ tsp ghee on the top side of the chapati.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel until ready to serve.