Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy spicy variation for hard boiled eggs. excellent for cocktail parties!!
Make and share this Indian Egg Masala recipe from Food.com.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch garam masala or 1 pinch allspice
- oil (for cooking)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, when they begin to crackle add sliced onions, fry for a min or 2 and then add all the spices except salt and garam masala. Fry for another minute.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes. keep stirring till oil separates and then gradually add one cup water to make a little gravy.
- Cut the hard Boiled eggs into half lengthwise and put in the gravy. Add salt and garam masala and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro. Serve hot.