Prep 35 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a delicious and fairly easy curry recipe, it uses many spices and has a lot of flavor. NOTE: the longer you leave it to sit, the better the flavors to develop
- 3 tablespoons oil (any kind)
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, 1-inch cuts
- 6 tomatoes, cut by 1-inch
- 6 gold potatoes, cut by 1-inch
- 2 eggplants, cut by 1-inch
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 cups water
- 3 -4 teaspoons garam masala
- 3 -4 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 -4 teaspoons indian curry powder
- 3 -4 teaspoons cumin
- 3 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons coriander
- 3 -4 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- Cut all of the vegetables and the chicken accordingly. Put all ingredients into a large pot (not cast-iron, the acidity of the tomatoes is bad for it).
- Cook over high heat for approximately 10 minutes. Turn heat to low and let slow cook for approximately 7 hours.
- Serve with hot basmati rice or naan/chapatis/roti.
Husband really liked this!! Easy to throw together. I despise eggplant so I wouldn't even try it. I did halve the recipe - it would have easily served 4-6 people!!! Husband said chicken was a bit tough after being on the stove so long, he thought some fresh garlic would up the flavor a tiny notch too. Healso asked me to try adding maybe lamb meatballs to get some more meat in the dish to his preference. So, 4 out of 5 made without changes. Great recipe, husband says!! I have a pic, but app won't let me lig in to load it!
This was actually really really good; kind of like Brinjal; I served it with Rotis and basamati rice and it was pretty delicious. I will certainly make this again.