Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a delicious and fairly easy curry recipe, it uses many spices and has a lot of flavor. NOTE: the longer you leave it to sit, the better the flavors to develop
- 3 tablespoons oil (any kind)
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, 1-inch cuts
- 6 tomatoes, cut by 1-inch
- 6 gold potatoes, cut by 1-inch
- 2 eggplants, cut by 1-inch
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 cups water
- 3 -4 teaspoons garam masala
- 3 -4 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 -4 teaspoons indian curry powder
- 3 -4 teaspoons cumin
- 3 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons coriander
- 3 -4 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- Cut all of the vegetables and the chicken accordingly. Put all ingredients into a large pot (not cast-iron, the acidity of the tomatoes is bad for it).
- Cook over high heat for approximately 10 minutes. Turn heat to low and let slow cook for approximately 7 hours.
- Serve with hot basmati rice or naan/chapatis/roti.
This was actually really really good; kind of like Brinjal; I served it with Rotis and basamati rice and it was pretty delicious. I will certainly make this again.