Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
i came across this recipe in a magazine few years ago tried &it turned out to be tasty
- 50 gmstoovar dal
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 50 g tomatoes, chopped
- 8 curry leaves
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- pressure cook the dal well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan add curry leaves, tomato pieces, both the pastes.
- Fry for a while till tomatoes become soft.
- Now add salt, turmeric and the boiled dal.
- Add water if required to adjust the consistency continue boiling for 5 minute.
- Garnish with lemon rings, chopped coriander.
- Serve hot.
- you can also add any soup vegetable of your liking.