Recipe by mumzcookin
A yougurt-cucumber sauce served with Indian food, and for dipping. Excellent with naan bread
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is nice with the honey. I used Balkan (thick) yogurt, creamed honey which I melted to mix in, English cucumber which I did not seed just peeled, plus the rest, including the optional cumin on top. We enjoyed this with recipe#423545. I may make this raita again.
- 2 cups plain yogurt (european or greek)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup peeled grated & seeded cucumber, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander or 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. It may be easier to warm the honey, as it is easier to blend with the other ingredients. Make sure the cucumber is drained well, otherwise your raita will be too watery. Mix well, and add to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle cumin over the top.
- Serve on top or on the side of your favorite Indian dish, or serve as a dipping sauce with naan bread.