Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yougurt-cucumber sauce served with Indian food, and for dipping. Excellent with naan bread
Make and share this Indian Cucumber Raita recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups plain yogurt (european or greek)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup peeled grated & seeded cucumber, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander or 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (to garnish) (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. It may be easier to warm the honey, as it is easier to blend with the other ingredients. Make sure the cucumber is drained well, otherwise your raita will be too watery. Mix well, and add to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle cumin over the top.
- Serve on top or on the side of your favorite Indian dish, or serve as a dipping sauce with naan bread.
This is nice with the honey. I used Balkan (thick) yogurt, creamed honey which I melted to mix in, English cucumber which I did not seed just peeled, plus the rest, including the optional cumin on top. We enjoyed this with Spicy Curried Lentils and Rice. I may make this raita again.
I used regular old American plain nonfat yogurt. Enjoyed it with a veggie curry (#158223) and some chutny. Thanks!
This was sooo good! Maybe next time I will put a little less honey in it, just a preference. This went well with so many dishes. I'm definitely making it again.