1 hr 5 mins
Simple to make with traditional indian flavor. The spices called for are generally easy to find as well. Can be served alone or with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken, boneless, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 -2 stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup ground cashews
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 pinch saffron (several threads soaked in 1 tbsp water or milk)
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- garam masala, for garnish
- 2Put all the paste ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and set aside.
- 3In a heavy bottom pot heat oil or ghee on a low heat. Add whole spices and saute until they are slightly brown.
- 4Add paste mixture into pot with whole spices and fry until mixture is slightly browned.
- 5Add chicken cubes. Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is tender.
- 6Add ground nuts, cream and saffron. Cook further for 10 minutes until mixture is creamy and thick. Add a little water if necessary.
- 7Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves and garam masala.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Creamy Cashew Chicken With Saffron
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.5
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 704.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: