- 1 cup johnnycake white cornmeal
- 2 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup fruit juice (blackberry, blueberry, or raspberry)
- 2 cups berries
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the cornmeal in the water. Melt the butter in a large pot the add the cornmeal mixture. Heat slowly, stir constantly for 15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the juice, berries, & nutmeg then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Then add the cream & maple syrup, blending throughly.
- Add the eggs & remove from the heat, stirring until the mixture stops bubbling. Serve either hot or chilled.