This is from Tarla Dalal's Roz ka khana and is a huge favourite with my daughters. It is really quick and nutritious. I use Tinned or frozen corn kernels. They come out quite crisp, perhaps someone reading this can tell me if they need to be softer and how I can achieve that...
- Grind the sweetcorn to a fine paste in a food processor, without adding any water.
- Mix the corn paste with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl to make a soft dough; only use water if needed.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and roll each one into a circle of 4" diameter.
- Heat a tava or frying pan and cook each roti on both sides on a slow flame until golden brown, using a little oil.
- I must admit I have to use more oil than stated but that may be my inexperience!
- My girls eat these on their own with some yogurt dip.