1/2 Photos of Indian Cornbread ( Makai Ki Roti)
This is from Tarla Dalal's Roz ka khana and is a huge favourite with my daughters. It is really quick and nutritious. I use Tinned or frozen corn kernels. They come out quite crisp, perhaps someone reading this can tell me if they need to be softer and how I can achieve that...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the sweetcorn to a fine paste in a food processor, without adding any water.
- 2Mix the corn paste with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl to make a soft dough; only use water if needed.
- 3Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and roll each one into a circle of 4" diameter.
- 4Heat a tava or frying pan and cook each roti on both sides on a slow flame until golden brown, using a little oil.
- 5I must admit I have to use more oil than stated but that may be my inexperience!
- 6My girls eat these on their own with some yogurt dip.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Cornbread ( Makai Ki Roti)
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g