Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like Mexican Cornbread, You'll Love this...
Make and share this Indian Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green peppers or 1⁄4 cup jalapeno
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional) or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and generously grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet or 12-count muffin pan. (If using the cast iron skillet, make sure you place it in the oven and get it hot before you pour in the batter).
- Mix all the ingredients and pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on how hot your oven gets.
- Cornbread with be super moist so do not over bake it!
- If you prefer crunchy cornbread, I suggest you bake this using the muffin pans.
- This is great with fried potatoes and pinto beans! Enjoy!
I made this for my son's class project.. wow it was a big hit with th 4th graders!! it was moist, delicious, i had everything on hand! i would definitely recommend!
This was a recipe that uses ingredients I generally have on hand and it went together quickly and easily. It resulted in very flavorful muffins. It made 24 regular sized muffins. Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe Donna!