If you like Mexican Cornbread, You'll Love this...
Make and share this Indian Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green peppers or 1⁄4 cup jalapeno
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional) or 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and generously grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet or 12-count muffin pan. (If using the cast iron skillet, make sure you place it in the oven and get it hot before you pour in the batter).
- Mix all the ingredients and pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on how hot your oven gets.
- Cornbread with be super moist so do not over bake it!
- If you prefer crunchy cornbread, I suggest you bake this using the muffin pans.
- This is great with fried potatoes and pinto beans! Enjoy!