Recipe by Jellyqueen
Another recipe from one of my vast collection of cookbooks. This tastes like "cooked all day" but actually it doesn't take all that long. Great with a salad and big chunk of cornbread!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole kernel corn (can be frozen, canned or fresh)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in large sauce pan and begin to melt.
- Add onions and peppers and cooking until tender.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add corn,tomato soup, sugar, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Note: any of your favorite seasonings can be added to this at the same time you add the salt and pepper.