Indian Corn Pudding With Bacon and Chives
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons cornmeal.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (onion through bacon), and saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn kernels and 1 cup milk. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1/3 cup cornmeal, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine 1/2 cup milk and egg; stir well with a whisk. Add to cornmeal mixture in skillet; stir well. Stir in chives.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Bake pudding at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Let stand for 15 minutes.