Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cooking Light. July 1998.
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons cornmeal.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (onion through bacon), and saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn kernels and 1 cup milk. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1/3 cup cornmeal, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine 1/2 cup milk and egg; stir well with a whisk. Add to cornmeal mixture in skillet; stir well. Stir in chives.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Bake pudding at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Let stand for 15 minutes.