Recipe by KathieJo
I have been making this recipe for my family since 1969. It's quick, easy and great for cold winter nights!
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
We enjoyed this meal on a cool spring night in Australia. I made half a recipe and a few minor changes. I used 2 cloves of fresh garlic (crushed), one 14-ounce tin of corn kernels (drained) because they were on hand, and 1 teaspoon of cumin and 28 ounces of tomatoes (as per loof's suggestion). The Italian seasoning contributes a lot of flavour. KathieJo, your family is lucky to have such a nice meal on a cold winter night. Made and enjoyed for Pick a Chef.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 (8 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, chopped onion, chopped celery in a large skillet. Add diced green pepper and frozen corn. Mix well.
- Stir in both cans of stewed tomatoes, italian seasoning, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook for 20 minutes.
- While this is cooking, prepare your noodles, per directions on box/bag. Drain.
- When ready to serve, place Indian Corn over cooked noodles.
- Can be served on a plate or in a bowl.
- May sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- A simple lettuce salad and some fresh, crusty bread/butter complete the meal!