Geri by the Sea's Note:
I have long enjoyed coconut soup in Indian restaurants, and I finally set about to make my own. Now I like mine best of all! :-) It's quick and easy, and it has a nice texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sautee coconut in butter until toasted, stirring well.
- 2Add 1/4 cup pistachios, sautéing a little longer.
- 3Add honey and spices and stir.
- 4Add milk and coconut milk, stirring slowly.
- 5Heat but don't boil.
- 6Froth individual servings in blender or espresso machine if desired.
- 7CAUTION: Be careful not to put more than one serving at a time in the blender or it may overflow and scald you.
- 8Serve garnished with pistachios.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.3
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 125.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: