Recipe by Mille®
This is supposedly very similar to the chicken prepared by Chinese people living in India. Posted by request. I have never made this dish and so I cannot list prep time and cooking time.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 fluid ounces vegetable oil
- ginger, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chicken thighs, skinned and boned
- 1⁄2 chicken breast, skinned and boned
- corn starch for coating chicken
- 6 green chilies, chopped coarsely
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 4 fluid ounces water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 fluid ounces soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok; put in onions and fry until they are caramelized, stirring every so often.
- While the onions are caramelizing, cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Coat each piece with cornstarch.
- Add ginger and garlic to onions and fry some more.
- When the onions, ginger and garlic are done, push them up to the sides of the wok to make room for the chicken.
- Add chicken pieces to the hot oil.
- Fry until the chicken is brown and has crispy bits on the edges.
- Stir onion mixture from the wok sides into the chicken.
- Add green chilies and green onion.
- Stir around just enough to warm the chilies and green onion.
- Push the chicken mixture to the upper sides of the wok to keep it crispy as you make the sauce.
- Mix together water, sugar, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Throw it into the centre of the wok.
- Remove from heat and stir sauce until thickened.
- Mix well with chicken and onions.
- Serve with plenty of steamed rice, broccoli and beer.