Into the Fire's Note:
A simple yet delicious Indian chicken dish taught to me by a good friend. Works best if you have a wok. Serve with steamed or sticky rice and your choice of naan. (Start cooking the rice when you start the first step.) You can add an extra presentation flair by slicing the peppers at an angle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 lbs chicken breast fillets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hot chili powder (Laxmi extra hot)
- 7 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 6 jalapeno peppers, sliced (or 10 serrano peppers)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 0.5 (5 1/2 ounce) bottle sweet asian chicken chili sauce
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1Add vegetable oil to a depth of 1-2 inches in a pot; heat on medium-high heat.
- 2Cut chicken breast fillets into bite-sized pieces.
- 3Combine chicken, chili powder, and five tbsp of ginger-garlic paste in a bowl.
- 4Mix well while lightly covering mixture with the 1/2 cup of flour; chicken pieces should be fully covered with flour. Set aside.
- 5Add about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil to the wok and heat on medium-high.
- 6Add sliced onion, sliced peppers, and two tbsp of ginger-garlic paste to wok; stir occasionally ensuring the vegetables are coated in oil.
- 7By now the oil in the pot should be heated (carefully test with a single drop of water). Gently submerge the chicken pieces, covering the bottom of the pot. Once bubbling settles down remove the pieces onto a plate with paper towels. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked. Be sure not to overcook the the chicken. Pat the remaining oil from the chicken with a paper towel.
- 8The vegetables in the wok should be softened. Add the chicken, a few shots of soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, and salt. Mix well for a minute or two.
- 9Serve with rice and naan and top with cilantro. Yumm!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Chili Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 431.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet asian chicken chili sauce