1/4 Photos of Indian Chickpeas
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a vegetarian side or main dish that is included in a bunch of recipes that I received from a friend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak chickpeas overnight then rinse and cook in water till tender.
- 2Drain and keep the cooking liquid.
- 3Heat oil in frying pan and cook onion until golden.
- 4Add cinnamon and cloves and cook for a few seconds.
- 5Add garlic, ginger, chili pepper, and coriander and cook 5 minutes stirring.
- 6Add tomatoes with juice and cook till all liquid is absorbed.
- 7Add the chickpeas to pan, mix, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Pour in the cooking liquid from the chickpeas and simmer for 25 minutes or until all the liquid is gone.
- 9Sprinkle with garam massala and cilantro.
- 10Can be served hot or cold.
- 11Time to make does not include soaking the chickpeas overnight.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indian Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 478.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: