Recipe from All Recipes
Make and share this Indian Chicken Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml smoked paprika
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml curry powder
- 29.58 ml ground cumin
- 29.58 ml garlic powder, more to taste
- 9.85 ml ground turmeric
- 9.85 ml ground cardamom
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 9.85 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 4.92 ml fennel seed
- 4.92 ml garam masala (or more)
- 1.23 ml rubbed sage
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 0.25 ml ground ginger (optional)
- Mix paprika, chili powder, curry powder, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, cardamom, coriander, onion powder, mustard, fennel seeds, garam masala, sage, salt, black pepper, and ginger together in a bowl.
- Cook's Notes: To use for a roasted chicken, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C); rub a whole chicken with about 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Rub all dry ingredients over the whole chicken; including the inside cavity and under the skin. Cook for 1¼ hours or until.
I used this recipe to make a wet rub for chicken. Mixed olive oil and spices, brushed on pounded chicken parts, refrigerated a few hours, then pan grilled on medium about 6 minutes per side. The chicken was served over this: Green Jasmine Rice and accompanied by this: Kachumber Salad - India Good meal! Reviewed for ZWT 8.