Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the ways we prepare curry in Singapore. The curry could be served hot with steamed white rice or you could eat it with white bread by dipping the bread into the curry.
- Process the garlic, onion, ginger and 2 pinches of salt to a paste with a blender.
- Mix the paste with curry powder and a tablespoon of water.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, fry mixture until fragrant.
- Add chicken and coconut milk, and bring to a low boil.
- Add potatoes, cinnamon stick and green chilli, and allow to cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- Serve the curry hot with steam polished rice or dip with white bread.
Taste was awesome. I used 1/2 cup of chicken stock and 1/2 of light coconut milk instead of the 1 cup of coconut milk. My family loved it! As for the comment left June 15th make sure your coconut milk is not old and it will not coagulate on you and if finding it a bit watery put in a few tsp. of corn starch for thickening. Makes sense! Enjoy! :)
This recipe was gross. The milk coagulated and the broth was a watery mess. I would steer clear of this one. Doesnt make sense.
Wonderful. Didn't change a thing. Served it over rice and had a nice cool cucumbersalad on the side. Will certainly make this again.