Recipe by Kim Ong
This is one of the ways we prepare curry in Singapore. The curry could be served hot with steamed white rice or you could eat it with white bread by dipping the bread into the curry.
Top Review by dojochef
Taste was awesome. I used 1/2 cup of chicken stock and 1/2 of light coconut milk instead of the 1 cup of coconut milk. My family loved it! As for the comment left June 15th make sure your coconut milk is not old and it will not coagulate on you and if finding it a bit watery put in a few tsp. of corn starch for thickening. Makes sense! Enjoy! :)
- 600 g chicken (various parts of choice)
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- 4 teaspoons chicken curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 large green chilies, slit and hit lightly
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the garlic, onion, ginger and 2 pinches of salt to a paste with a blender.
- Mix the paste with curry powder and a tablespoon of water.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, fry mixture until fragrant.
- Add chicken and coconut milk, and bring to a low boil.
- Add potatoes, cinnamon stick and green chilli, and allow to cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- Serve the curry hot with steam polished rice or dip with white bread.